The body is designed in a remarkable way. In order to understand just why gut health in Melbourne is so important, here is an insight into how the body functions:
- You put a morsel of food into the mouth.
- The teeth grind the food into tiny particles and saliva softens this bolus.
- The esophagus then facilitates the passing of the food to the stomach.
- The stomach churns the morsel of food and digestive juices act on it to further break it down. The acids present in the stomach get rid of any bacteria.
It is wonderful how one morsel of food is so intricately digested and every component of it used for the greater good of the body.
In a process that is so meticulous, have you ever stopped to wonder what if some aspect of it did not function or if there was a flaw in the plan?
Well, it would be BAD.
Gut Health is all about helping you discover what is right and choosing a better path.
What is a Leaky Gut?
The cells of the intestine become damaged. This is the baseline of a leaky gut syndrome. Due to this one phenomenon, a domino effect results causing a cascade of symptoms and can sometimes prove even fatal. A Gut Health Clinic Melbourne will strive to identify these symptoms before it turns fatal.
Here is the domino effect explained
- Due to the damaged cells in the walls of the intestine, the permeability of the intestine is reduced.
- The incoming food from the stomach which may contain bacteria, unwanted materials etc. can leak from the intestine into the blood.
- The blood is now infected and this infection can travel to various areas of the body.
- You approach a doctor complaining of these individual symptoms and the doctor treats you for those.
- The underlying cause remains undetected.
- The next time you eat a meal, the process repeats and you contract an infection once again.
The 10 Signs that you need to contact the Gut Health Experts in Melbourne
Leaky gut can often present in the form of a range of symptoms. If you experience any of the ones below, it may be good to reach out to a naturopath for gut pain relief.
- Autoimmune disease such as lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
- Joint pain
- Skin rashes
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Excessive craving for sugar
- Impaired immunity
- Memory loss
What is a Leaky Gut Syndrome Test?
The test to diagnose a leaky gut syndrome is simple, even though the condition is complex.
Here is the flow of the Leaky Gut Syndrome Test:
- The person is made to drink a solution of mannitol and lactulose.
- The two are water-soluble substances that are not utilized by the body.
- In people with healthy intestines, mannitol should be absorbed highly whereas lactulose should be slightly absorbed.
- In a person with leaky gut syndrome, it is expected that the urine should contain high levels of mannitol and lactulose, indicating that these spilled from the intestine into the blood due to the damaged intestine cells.
Approach a Naturopath for Gut Health in Melbourne
Naturopathy does not aim to find a magic cure overnight but rather treats the underlying root cause. Gut health requires attention and care and several lifestyle changes that naturopathy addresses.
My Vital Health Solutions — The Gut Health Experts in Melbourne will set you on the right track through a course of proper diet and lifestyle. Naturopath Domenic Pisanelli will take the time out to understand what is causing your symptoms and then chart out your next course of action, which includes:
- Cutting off gluten, soya, refined products, heavy sugars from your diet can be a good way to let the gut heal.
- Probiotics will be recommended by the naturopath for gut pain. These will help the gut biome restore itself with the growth of healthy bacteria.
- Foods rich in certain amino acids help. These restore the gut lining and repair damaged intestinal wall cells.
- Antimicrobials are prescribed by the gut health clinic in Melbourne. These help in the elimination of bad bacteria.
Are you procrastinating and pushing off your consult for another day?
Our advice: don’t
The earlier, the better.
Take a leaky gut test today at My Vital Health Solutions.